IESE Borehole and Surface Seismic Networks
IESE's seismic arrays are being utilised for scientific studies, well targeting in geothermal exploration, monitoring of reservoirs and fault zones, and for CO2 sequestration, and hydraulic fracturing projects worldwide.
IESE provides a complete end-to-end service, from instrument design to scientific analysis. We have a team of readily deployable researchers, field technicians, data analysts and machinists for contracted projects.
We provide the following seismic services:
- Network design: borehole and surface array optimisation
- Equipment fabrication: custom and standard seismometers
- Installation support: permanent and temporary, real-time data solutions
- Data analysis and Interpretation
- Earthquake locations - including induced seismic events
- Simple velocity models
- Seismic velocity and tomography
- Fracture density and orientation
- Moment tensors and microseismotectonics
- Joint Geophysical Imaging (MT, TDEM, CSAMT, Seismic and MEQ)
IESE is proud to use Refraction Technology digital recording instruments. IESE is also the Australia & New Zealand representative for all Ref Tek equipment.
- Microearthquake data acquisition and interpretation
- Resistivity data acquisition and interpretation
- Seismic reflection, refraction, and receiver function studies
- Analysis of fracture density and orientation
- Joint Geophysical Imaging using all available seismic and potential field data
- Exploration and production well siting based on Joint Geophysical Imaging
- Monitoring of fracking injection and extraction tests with seismic and potential field methods.
- Long term reservoir monitoring with seismic and potential field observations.
Blast Vibration Monitoring and Regulation Compliance
- Public and private construction blast monitoring, compliance, and legal testimony